Exodus wallet: Download, Review, Fees & How to Use
In this tutorial, you will learn how to download and use the latest Exodus 23.2.27 and newer.
Download for Windows / Linux
Official site GitHub Download APK (android and iOS)
What is Exodus?
Exodus - is an anonymous crypto wallet. The application makes it possible to import and export private keys created on the device. It deals with the most popular and liquid digital currencies. At the moment, there are already more than a hundred of them, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, EOS, etc.
What are the fees?
Unlike exchange platforms, Exodus does not hold the transaction fees charged for withdrawing Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), or any other cryptocurrency. Apart from the fees for the transactions that go online, Exodus does not charge any fees for sending or receiving.
A crypto wallet is an anonymous program capable of storing and conducting transactions with digital tokens. No registration required. The developers have made a convenient application for smartphones and a desktop version for popular operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS.
The interface is simple enough. A beginner can handle it too. In addition to replenishing and withdrawing tokens, they can be converted in the program according to the market rate. For this, a crypto exchanger is built in. The founders of the project are Daniel Castagnoli and J.P. Richardson.
The official website is exodus.com (formerly exodus.io).
How to Use Exodus
Step 1 - download and install Exodus
Download the wallet exclusively on the official website. This way, you can be sure that the program is safe and free of malware. Do not use third-party sources - you can lose access to data and your tokens.
Go to the "Downloads" page through the official website of the program. The release dates are shown here, including the latest and future, update history. User agreement available. Be sure to read it. The page provides links to versions of the program for a specific operating system. For the program to work correctly, choose exactly the option that suits the operating system. Otherwise, you will not be able to use the application.
You cannot download the program in other languages. The application works exclusively in the English version. However, don't be afraid, as we said, the interface is intuitively simple. Even a beginner can handle it. Use a translator as a last resort.
Step 2 - Create a wallet
After downloading the installation file, you need to run it for installation. It does not last long. It will take just a couple of minutes. Then a window will be displayed with a notification about the end of the installation of the program.
The corresponding launch shortcut will appear on the desktop. Click on it to enter the crypto wallet.
Step 3 - buy bitcoin
Минимальных и максимальных лимитов пополнения нет. Для ввода токенов на счет выполните несколько простых шагов:
How to deposit and withdraw
You can transfer tokens to an exchanger or a reliable cryptocurrency exchange. The program does not support withdrawals to local banks. That is why, in order to withdraw cryptocurrency to fiat funds, you need an exchanger or exchange.
To withdraw, go to the “Wallet” tab, select a digital coin and click on the “Send” button. Then follow the next steps:
Video: Can You Get Cash Out Of Your Exodus?
- Insert the address where you want to withdraw coins.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Click the “Send” button to send the cryptocurrency.
Please note that the commission is dynamic. The calculation is based on the amount you are sending. Calculated directly from the payment. You can manually change the commission by clicking on the gear:
How to stake
Cryptocurrency staking is similar to bonds or interest-bearing savings accounts in that they offer interest on your initial investment.
Staking is the process of blocking or freezing the assets of the owner of a cryptocurrency in exchange for incentives or interest paid in the form of new coins. This is a method of multiplying your earnings in cryptocurrency.
The staking holder takes on the role of a validator who approves transactions on the blockchain. The staker is rewarded with additional tokens for providing this service to the network.
Wallet recovery is carried out through backup and creation of a secret (SEED) phrase of 12 words in English. For this you need:
- Return to the main “Portfolio” tab and click “Restore from Backup”. The wallet offers to restart. Click “Restart”
- Enter the LED phrase of 12 English words without capital letters and enter them.
- Create a strong password for added protection.
To receive a SEED phrase for the first time, which, if necessary, will restore the wallet, you need to replenish your account. Otherwise, the program will not issue a seed.
The backup is created only once. However, the phrase will always be available, no matter how much you lose access. It is important not only to keep it, but to use the exact sequence of words. When you lose access to the wallet, just download the program again and use the “Restore from backup” button in the portfolio tab. Then, in the window that appears, enter the secret phrase and password. The wallet will immediately recover and give you access to your accounts.
Video: How to Back Up Exodus Wallet
“Make Your First Deposit” - used to fund a cryptocurrency wallet. “Restore from backup” - restoring an old wallet using a 12-word secret phrase.
Below the buttons is a list of digital tokens with a balance for each of them.
The next section is “Wallet”. It is used to deposit and withdraw tokens and view private keys.
“Exchange” allows you to exchange cryptocurrencies within the tokens supported by the program. Please note that fiat is not here.
The “Backup” section contains 12 words written in English. This is the secret phrase that allows you to access the wallet. If you save it, then the question “how to restore the Exodus wallet” will not scare you. However, for the program to withdraw it, you need to replenish your account.
In some tokens, the transaction can be tracked. To do this, you need to click on “Link”. You will be sent to the browser site for the operation. Then, on another account, send the transaction as usual, specifying the wallet address copied from Exodus.
The program settings are made in the “Settings” section. There are the following subcategories:
- Assets - add or exclude digital coins that will be displayed in the wallet.
- Apps - applications.
- Devices - sync with cold hardware wallets. For example, with Trezor.
- Personalize - allows you to personalize your cryptocurrency wallet using the interface settings. Gives a choice of real currency to display the balance.
- Backup - Come up with a password for protection.
To contact support, use the “Support” button. Through it, you can write to the developers to solve your problem.
Exodus is a cryptocurrency wallet with many positive qualities. We will highlight the main ones:
- No registration. It is enough to download the software installation file from the official portal and carry out the installation.
- No verification. You do not need to verify your identity to use the program.
- Doesn’t require a lot of hard disk space. It is a “lightweight” program that works with a remote server to load the blockchain network.
- Round-the-clock support of the program by developers. Multi-currency software. More than a hundred cryptocurrencies to work with.
- Intuitively simple interface. The program is easy to work with.
- Dynamic commission. Placed automatically for entering a transaction into the nearest block. At the same time, by default, the wallet does not take a commission for itself.
- The ability to recover through the use of a secret phrase.
- Strong encryption of private keys and personal data. The storage takes place locally on the PC. There is no third-party access to them.
There are also negative reviews on the crypto wallet.
- For example, people are unhappy with closed source code. After all, you cannot be 100% sure how the program works.
- The automatic installation of the commission also does not make everyone happy. You cannot change it manually in any way.
- To receive a SEED phrase, which, if necessary, will restore the wallet, you need to replenish your account. Otherwise, the program will not issue a seed.
However, even with these disadvantages, the application is still popular. In addition to the above, the program has no other disadvantages.
All Exodus does is help you store your funds. It does not store or manage your private keys (credentials that give access to assets). If your Exodus wallet gets hacked, hackers won’t be able to take your funds since the private keys are on your device.1
Cryptocurrency wallets are now dark. However, only a few of them are capable of supporting multicurrency. This wallet is one of those.
Exodus is a solid wallet with a beautiful design and easy to use. It does not collect user information, works without registration and gives you full control over wallet keys while maintaining anonymity and security.